The Space opened on Drumcondra Rd last month.
Getting your hair done is the ultimate excuse for ‘me’ time. Oh, that colour is going to take 50 minutes to develop? You won’t see us complaining, just give us a stack of magazines and a cuppa and we’ll be happy as Larry. Or Laura.
That’s why we were only delira to find out that The Space in Drumcondra has taken in-salon pampering up a notch. Like, way up. Stratospherically up.
The new addition to Dublin 9 is the brainchild of Nadine Quinn and Carla Rose McQuillan, two stylists who’ve been working in salons, at events and on editorial shoots for years. Nadine and Carla Rose wanted their own small salon space to work out of, but when the – undeniably vast – premises on Lower Drumcondra Rd came available, they took the plunge.
Here are just a few of the reasons this place is going to be top of our list next time our hair and soul need some TLC.
1. They’re oh-so generous with the Prosecco
Refill? Yes please.
2. Oh, and there are other treats too: tea, Nespresso, cookies, chocolate and nuts. YUM.
3. Carla Rose and Nadine know their stuff
Nadine has a list of styling and colouring awards as long as her arm and has worked on Fashion Week models in London, New York, Paris and Milan. Another prolific award-winner, Carla Rose has styled hair on shoots for most of the major Irish glossies, as well as events all over the country and internationally. Basically you’re in good hands with these gals and their team.
A photo posted by T H E . S P A C E (@thespace___) on
4. In the last month alone they’ve created some gorgeous hair transformations at the salon
5. The salon also runs regular yoga and meditation workshops
Just in case having someone play with your hair for two hours isn’t relaxing enough.
6. The bathroom alone is #goals
A photo posted by Talknthreads | Síomha Connolly (@siomhac) on
7. Sure, even Vogue Williams has dropped in for a session
8. It’s perfect for any Northside dwellers – but it’s gathering fans from all over Dublin
PS, if you’re Drumcondra-bound, we suggest dropping into Le Petit Breton just a few doors down for a crepe n’ French apple cider. NOMS.
Get the latest news, hottest trends & biggest competitions to your inbox.