The 20-year-old was removed from the house after racist tweets resurfaced.
Former Big Brother contestant Ellis Hillon has apologised for the racist tweets that lead to her removal from the house just one day after entering.
The 20-year-old has spoken out three days following her departure from the house on Saturday, claiming that she is not racist.
“I want to stress how sorry I am about any offence and upset that was caused due to what I have said on social media,” she said in a statement.
“I understand that I was totally in the wrong and I should never have said such horrible things.
“All the comments were from my teenage years and I am deeply ashamed of them. I didn’t stop to think how they could be so hurtful at the time.
“I am totally heartbroken at the fact that my dream of going on Big Brother has ended this way and I wasn’t able to show people the ‘real me’,” she added.
“If I had been given the chance I would have shown everyone that I’m not racist.
I was getting on very well and interacting with the other housemates from different backgrounds and I want people to know that I’m not a bad person. I hope people can forgive me.”
The Sun reported that the McDonald’s where Ellis worked confirmed that they were investigating the posts.
A spokesperson for McDonald’s said: “We do not comment on individual employees but can confirm we are looking into these alleged social media posts.”
Get the latest news, hottest trends & biggest competitions to your inbox.