The VIP Publishing Group, the publishers of VIP, TVNow, Stellar and KISS, is looking for a Commercial Manager for VIP Magazine!
VIP is Ireland’s best-selling monthly magazine. Soon to celebrate its 20th birthday, VIP is one of Ireland’s best-known brands, as the country’s original and best celebrity magazine, as well as being the host of Ireland’s most glamorous red carpet event, the VIP Style Awards.
The role of Commercial Manager is a crucial one; it involves managing advertising clients that VIP has built up over the years, as well as developing new business for the print title and associated digital and social media channels. VIP’s website is about to undergo a substantial re-brand and re-launch, and a keen understanding of the digital advertising environment is essential.
This is a permanent position and an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic company that has over 350,000 readers monthly in print, and a growing audience across digital and social media channels.
Candidates should have at least 3 years sales experience and a good working knowledge of the media industry to include advertising agencies and PR companies, as well as a proven track record of reaching sales targets.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary, plus commission, for building on the commercial success of VIP magazine, reaching (and surpassing) agreed targets, and working as part of a tight-knit, dedicated sales team in the VIP Publishing Group.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing existing revenue streams for VIP magazine.
• Generating new business
• Building awareness of the company as an option to advertisers across all VIP platforms
• Liaising and building strong relationships with direct clients and advertising agencies
• Working closely with the editorial and sales teams
• Meeting agreed revenue targets as set out by the management team
Key skills required:
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Positive attitude and ability to work on own initiative
• Proven track record in maintaining and growing revenues
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the Media industry
• Ability to work as part of a team
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to the Publisher, Michael O’Doherty, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the latest news, hottest trends & biggest competitions to your inbox.