8 Summery Cocktails To Enjoy This Weekend
From a Pinot Grigio G&T to white peach mocktails, where's the shaker?
View this post on Instagram
The sun is shining ladies and gents, it’s almost Friday and there’s a whiff of BBQs and cocktails in the air. We may not fully be out of lockdown just yet, but the change in the weather is certainly helping to lift our moods.
Whether you’re planning date night, a BBQ in your back garden or just fancy a fabulous cocktail – we’ve got you. Here’s eight gorgeous cocktail recipes, each of them screaming summer in their own little way.
via Maison de Cinq
Give me watermelon flavoured anything and I am all over that. It literally screams summer, so this watermelon mojito is sure to go down an absolute treat.
– Roughly 10 sprigs of fresh mint, 30-40 leaves
– 6 large slices of watermelon
– 9 ounces of rum
– 1/2 cup simple syrup (Put equal parts sugar and water into a small saucepan and boil until the sugar dissolves, cool before using)
– Juice of 3 limes
– Watermelon spears and sprigs of mint for garnishing
– Chop the watermelon into large chunks, and remove any large seeds and the rind.
– Puree the fruit in a food processor until smooth.
– Use a mortar and pestle to mash your mint leaves.
– Combine the mashed mint, rum, simple syrup, 2 cups of the pureed watermelon, and the lime juice and stir to combine.
– Fill glasses with ice cubes and pour the mojito mixture over. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a spear of watermelon in each glass.
White Peach Cordial
via Jamie Oliver
This is a gorge little non-alcoholic option, but if you fancy it, add Prosecco and it’s just as stunning.
– 1 kg white peaches
– 2 vanilla pods
– 250 g golden caster sugar
– 1 lemon
– Halve and destone the peaches. Halve the vanilla pods lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
– In batches, place the peaches in a food processor or blender, skin included, and blitz to a purée.
– Spoon the peach purée into a pan and stir in the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla seeds.
– Bring to a simmer over a low heat and let it bubble away for 20 minutes, or until thickened.
– Using a funnel, carefully pour the warm cordial into sterilised bottles or jars, then seal and store in a cool place until ready to use.
Moscow Mule Punch
A Moscow Mule has such a bang of sunny holidays off it that it would be almost rude not to enjoy one while the sun in shining this weeked.
– 4 c. ice
– 4 c. ginger beer
– 3 c. vodka
– 1 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
– 1 c. mint leaves, plus more for garnish
– 2 limes, sliced, plus more for garnish
– In a large punch bowl, combine ice, ginger beer, vodka, lime juice, lime slices, and mint.
– Ladle punch into glasses or copper mugs and garnish with more mint.
Pinot Grigio Gin and Tonic
Can’t decide between a glass of wine or a G&T? Well, now you don’t have to. Ginato has launched their very own Pinot Grigio gin, much to the delight of Pinot and gin lovers everywhere. Plus, this little connection couldn’t be simpler.
– Ginato Pinot Grigio Gin
– Classic tonic water
– Sliced lemon, for serving
– Crushed ice, for serving
– Combine one measure of Ginato Pinot Grigio gin with tonic water over ice, top with a slice of lemon and you’re good to go.
The Classic Daiquiri
Look, you can’t go wrong with a classic cocktail. A no-fuss drink that you just know is gonna taste good, essential for a weekend of sunshine.
– 1 oz. lime juice
– 2 tsp. superfine sugar
– 2 oz. white rum
– Sliced lime, for serving
– In a cocktail shaker, stir together lime juice and sugar to dissolve.
– Fill with ice, add rum, and shake until cold. Strain into a coup and serve with a slice of lime.
Beat The Heat Slushies
A grown-up version of the much-loved slushie? Say no more.
– 4 c. frozen raspberries
– 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine
– 2 (12 oz) cans of Raspberry Lime mix
– 1/4 c. vodka
– Juice of 1/2 lime
– 4 slices lime, for garnish
– Combine raspberries, wine, Spindrift, vodka, and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide among glasses and garnish each with a slice of lime.
via Jamie Oliver
There’s just something about a blue cocktail. It gives off all the tropical popical vibes and tastes like you’ve nothing to do all weekend but enjoy yourself, a big yes to this.
– 25 ml Bacardi Carta Blanco
– 25 ml bluecuraçao
– 1 tsp coconut cream
– 100 ml pineapple juice
– Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
– Shake then strain into a glass with cracked ice to serve.
Blueberry Mint Cocktail
via Country Living
– 2 c. blueberries
– 1 c. sugar
– 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
– 3 sprigs mint, plus more for garnish
– 1 c. whiskey or mezcal, optional
– Club Soda
– Combine blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, mint, and 1 1/3 cups water in a medium saucepan.
– Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until blueberries begin to pop, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool. Discard mint. Transfer mixture to a blender and process until smooth.
– Strain mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher. Stir in whiskey or mezcal, if desired. Serve over ice topped with club soda and garnished with mint.
Have your say