Can’t Sleep? The 4-7-8 Breathing Technique Will Have You Nodding Off In Seconds Tonight
Say “see ya” to insomnia. Scientist Dr Andrew Wells' new breathing technique claims to have you sleeping in under 60 seconds.
Zzz. Falling asleep at your desk on Monday morning thanks to another restless night of tossing, turning and checking Twitter? Us too, but now a new technique by scientist Dr Andrew Wells claims to nix your getting-to-sleep woes with a simple, yet effective breathing routine called the 4-7-8 technique, that’ll having your snoozing in under 60 seconds.
How does it work? It mimics the de-stressing effects of meditation, and relaxes your body speedy quick. It’s kinda like a tranquiliser for your nervous system, and it can even be used to deal with tension and manage cravings too.
Deadly. Here’s how to do it:
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth. Inhale quietly through your nose for a count of four.
- Hold your breath for seven seconds.
- Exhale through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
- Finally inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.