5 Of The Best Lipsticks For Girls Who Suck At Applying Lipstick
Perfect picks so that you'll never have to re-do the make-up around your mouth again.
Whether you’re just a total klutz when it comes to applying any kind of lippy or you’re trying to put it on while on a bumpy bus journey (we’ve all been there, right?!) we all could do with a lipstick that can be applied in any situation with the utmost of ease.
Luckily for you, we’ve become total pros at applying ours over the years in all kinds of sticky situations. So, we’ve picked our top five lipsticks for those of you who totally suck at applying your lippy or those of you who are forever doing your make-up on the go. Lipstick teeth be damned.
1. Rimmel The Only 1 lipstick
Rimmel does a lot of lipstick, it’s true. But this newest one from the brand is a lippy that’ll stay on for hours and is really nicely creamy and easy to swipe on, mirror or not. Our fave colour? Peachy Beachy.
2.theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes
Stellar.ie’s editor and self-confessed lipstick klutz Victoria absolutely adores this lippy. Why so? “The lip gloss-stye applicator makes it super easy to draw on,” Victoria says. “I create a slightly over-lined look with mine, creating extra definition along the centre of my bottom lip and on my cupid’s bow, for a plumped up effect. It dries to a matte finish too, which, I can testify really does last the whole day through. Love.”
3. Clinique Chubby Sticks Lip Balm
For all you gals who don’t like applying an old school lippy, this is the one for you! It’s a little bit pricey but we think it’s totally worth the splurge, plus they’re so easy to apply, don’t need sharpening (just twist from the base) and perfect for you if you like some shine and colour.
4. L’Oreal Paris Color Riche The Nudes
This collection has six beautiful shades of nude tones inspired by celebs like Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Doutzen Kroes and Eva Longoria, and we can’t decide which one’s our fave. And if you’re applying these nudes you don’t have to worry too much about lipstick on your teeth, huh?
5. Max Factor Marilyn Collection
It couldn’t be anything other than red, could it? This collection is an edit of tones from pillar box to burgundy, and is all kinds of wonderful and super easy to apply. We put it down to the creamy texture which makes application a breeze.
Still seeing smudges? Here are four hot tips for perfect application:
- Start with a primer. Just like your foundation, your lippy needs a base it can stick to. We love Too Faced Lip Insurance, €19, for priming our lips and helping our lipstick stay put the whole day through.
- Use a lip liner. While they may conjure up images of scarily overdrawn lips from the 80s, these days lip lining is all about adding subtle definition and helping your lipstick stay within the lines. Use NYX Slide On Lip Pencil, €8, to draw just outside the natural contour of your lips.
- Now it’s time for the lipstick. Grab any of the lippies we mentioned above, start at the centre of your bottom lip and draw outwards to one corner.
- The all-important last step? Don’t forget to blot. Nab a piece of tissue and press down lightly. And that’s it; perfectly applied lippy.
Have your say