Eat Well For Less, Plus a Must-try Vegan Spiced Curried Cauliflower Recipe From ALDI
STELLAR PROMOTION: Hoping to hold on to your healthy habits? Thankfully, enjoying tasty and affordable meals and snacks has never been easier with ALDI.
Whether you’re looking for a post-workout protein snack on the go or wanting to try some plant-based alternatives, ALDI has a great value selection with quality ingredients across 155 stores nationwide!
Fuel your fitness with ALDI’s great range of protein snacks. Up your protein intake while still satisfying your sweet tooth with Harvest Morn Protein Bar €1.89 available in flavours like Peanut Caramel or Salted Caramel. Fuel your workout with a Harvest Morn High Protein Bar €1.99. Flavours include Birthday Cake and Peanut Butter with bars containing 21.2g and 21.6g of protein respectively, what’s not to love!
Value for veggies! Why not try some of ALDI’s yummy plant-based alternatives such as the Plant Menu No Sausage Rolls €1.49, The Deli Veggie Burgers €1.79 (choose from Sweet Potato or Beetroot Burgers, which won Silver at the FreeFrom Food Awards 2022), and Carlos Takeaway Vegan Stuffed Crust Pizza €3.79.
Beat the cold weather and warm up this winter with Tasty Carrot & Coriander Soup or Tasty Tomato & Red Pepper Soup €1.99, which picked up Gold and Bronze awards respectively at the FreeFrom Food Awards 2022!
Preparation is key! Meal prepping is a great way to ensure you always have a healthy option to enjoy at mealtimes. Start by picking up some Meal Prep Containers €4.99 in your local ALDI store and pack with some of your favourites. Stock up on ALDI’s own brand Organic Chickpeas €0.79 and Organic Black Beans €0.89 – perfect for Buddha bowls, stews, and curries.
You’ll also find a fantastic selection of vegan dips and spreads in your local ALDI. For a healthy dip, look no further than Hummus €0.75, paired perfectly with some savoury crackers or the super handy Specially Selected Smashed Avocado €1.79.
For the ultimate vegan supper, try this super easy Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower recipe from ALDI.
- 1 x Tin of Four Seasons Chickpeas in Water €0.45 (400g, 240g Drained)
- 1 x Red Chilli, Nature’s Pick Mixed Chillies €0.49 (50g)
- 1 x 400g Cucina Chunky Chopped Tomatoes €0.49 (400g)
- 1 x Nature’s Pick Lemon €0.49
- 1 x 10g piece peeled Nature’s Pick Fresh Ginger €0.55 (125g)
- 1 tsp Ready, Set…Cook! Paprika €0.55 (40g)
- 1 tsp Ready, Set…Cook! Ground Cumin €0.65 (40g)
- 3 x Nature’s Pick Garlic Cloves €0.89 (4 Pack)
- 2 tsp Ready, Set…Cook! Curry Powder €0.89 (90g)
- 90g Nature’s Pick Baby Spinach Leaves €0.89 (90g)
- 1 x 400ml Ready, Set…Cook! Coconut Milk €0.95 (400ml)
- Ready, Set…Cook! Salt Grinder €0.99 (100g)
- Ready, Set…Cook! Black Pepper Grinder €0.99 (50g)
- 2 x Nature’s Pick Large Red Onions €1.29 (3 Pack)
- 30g The Pantry Blanched Almonds €1.39 (150g)
- 1 x Nature’s Pick Cauliflower €1.49
- 30g The Foodie Market Cashew Nuts €1.99 (200g)
- 35ml Specially Selected Rapeseed Oil €2.99 (500ml)
- Thinly slice the onions.
- Peel and mince the garlic, and finely chop the ginger.
- Chop the chilli along with the seeds.
- In a wok, sauté the onions in the oil for 4 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the nuts and cook for another minute.
- Add the chilli, garlic, ginger, ground cumin, paprika and curry powder.
- Cook on a low heat, stirring as you cook. Then, add the coconut milk and the chopped tomatoes.
- Grate the lemon and juice, then add the rind and juice to the curry sauce.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, season with some salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into eights and add to the sauce.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the wok. Gently cook for about 25 minutes until the cauliflower is just cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the spinach leaves, stir, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve alongside some basmati rice.
So, what are you waiting for? Get down to your local ALDI store and sample some of their super healthy, great value selection of products, from convenient snacks to hearty ingredients. ALDI is here to help you reach your goals and achieve a healthy, balanced lifestyle with everything you need available in 155 stores nationwide.
For more product recommendations, recipes, and more visit www.ALDI.ie and be sure to follow ALDI on social media:
Please note all prices have been confirmed at time of publication but are subject to change. Please see in store for more detail.
Have your say