TikTok Dinner Recipes To Try Out This Weekend
Cute dog videos aren't the only thing on the app
Love it or loathe it, you can’t deny that TikTok is making waves around the world for its snappy videos, hilarious and heartwarming in equal measure. Gas clips of dogs singing aren’t the only thing emerging from the app though, it’s also the birthplace of current food trends too. After the mad year and a half we’ve spent indoors, we’ve road-tested them all, from the good, the bad, to the downright stupid *coughs* pancake cereal. Now, we present to you the recipes that are actually worth giving a go.
Feta Pasta (Serves 4)
@feelgoodfoodieBaked feta pasta with cherry tomatoes!! Recipe on blog • Inspired by @grilledcheesesocial 😘 ##tiktokpartner ##LearnOnTikTok ##fetapasta ##recipes♬ original sound – Feel Good Foodie
You Will Need:
- Pasta (any shape, but bowtie is the OG)
- 1 black of feta cheese
- 2 boxes of cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- Salt, pepper, and chili flakes to flavour
- Add tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a baking dish and toss.
- Place the block of feta in the middle of the dish, adding a dash of oil and chili flakes on top to flavour.
- Place the tray into a preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes on gas mark 6.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta, cooking it al dente and reserve some pasta water when ready.
- After 30 minutes, increase the oven’s temperature to gas mark 7 and bake until browned for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and stir in crushed garlic and fresh basil.
- Next, add in the cooked, strained pasta and mix together.
- If the sauce is dry, slowly add in spoons of the leftover pasta water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pesto Eggs (Serves 1)
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of pesto
- Salt, pepper, and chili flakes to season
- Instead of oil, add one tablespoon of pesto to a pan and heat up until it starts to spread and bubble.
- Add in the eggs and cook to your preference – the most common on TikTok being sunny side up.
- Serve as you please and enjoy!
3 Ingredient Mac N’ Cheese (Serves 2)
@disheditSweet dreams are made of cheese 🧀 ##macaroniandcheese ##macandcheese ##cheese ##3ingredients ##simplerecipe ##easyrecipe ##tiktokrecipe ##cheesy♬ Aesthetic – Jimmy Flatting
You Will Need:
- 2 cups of macaroni pasta
- 6 oz evaporated milk
- 6 oz grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- Add the macaroni pasta to a pot and pour over just enough water to cover, bringing to a boil and stirring frequently.
- When the pasta is completely cooked, pout in 6 ounces of evaporated milk over top and bring to a boil.
- Next, add in your cheese and stir constantly until the cheese is melted, created a smooth creamy sauce.
- Season with salt, pepper and serve with a topping of your choice. (Breadcrumbs, chives).
Mexican Tortilla Wrap Hack (Serves 2)
@cookingwithayehReply to @hi.imdavid Mexican Crunch Wrap! What’s next?? ##tortillatrend ##fyp ##foryou ##foodtiktok ##foryoupage ##mexican ##crunchwrap♬ SALSA JAM NO.1 – Jaycee Mante
You Will Need:
- Ground Beef
- 2-4 large flour tortilla wraps
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- ½ cup of shredded cheese (cheddar works best)
- ½ cup of guacamole
- ½ cup of pico de gallo
- Chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika to season
- Brown the taco mince in a pan mixed with all of the above spices for flavour and set aside.
- Lay your tortilla wrap down and take a knife, cutting it from the centre to the bottom edge.
- Begin adding your ingredients to each corner. Start with the bottom right and add the cheese, in the bottom left place the lettuce and pico de gallo overtop. In the top left smear the guacamole, and beside that in the top left place some cooked minced beef.
- Fold together the wrap starting with the bottom left corner, folding it over the top left. Take the top left and fold that over the top right, and finally fold that down onto the bottom right.
- Grill in a pan until the tortilla is crispy and its contents have melted
Salmon Rice Bowl (Serves 1)
You will need:
- Cooked salmon
- Rice (amount to your preference)
- Ice cube
- Soy sauce
- Sriracha mayo
- Roasted seaweed
- Flake up your cooked salmon and fluff your rice together, using a fork.
- Pop an ice cube on top if your ice is leftover, this will add moisture back into it when you heat it. If you’re making fresh rice, skip this step.
- Heat everything up in the microwave and then top with soy sauce, sriracha mayo, slice up your avocado, and pop your kimchi on top.
- Enjoy with roasted seaweed, you can wrap your rice up inside it or pop it on top – whatever you please!
Have your say