Cancer Survivors Share Their Advice To Mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The survivors are sharing their inspiring advice on how they live their everyday throughout their journey.
Ten cancer survivors have come together to mark Breast Cancer Awareness month, and share their inspiring advice on how they live their everyday throughout their journey.
The campaign, created by Centra as part of their ten-year partnership with the Irish Cancer Society, celebrates their long-standing collaboration and aims to raise vital funds this Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Over the past 10 years, Centra together with Irish Cancer Society have raised over €6 million to support those affected by breast cancer.
In Ireland, 1 in 10 women will develop breast cancer during their lifetime and each of the women involved in the campaign highlighted feel good reminders that are sometimes forgotten but effective. The ’10 ways to live your every day’ tips are:
- Get up and get dressed everyday
- Weather the storm and you’ll come out the other side
- When someone asks to help you, say yes!
- You don’t need to be brave on your own every day!
- Rest, be kind to yourself and take every offer of help
- Have some me time
- Get out as much as you can
- Reward yourself for the milestones
- Listen to your body. Rest when it tells you to rest, cry when it tells you to cry, and laugh as much as you can – it’s the best medicine.
- Keep a journal, it helps down the road to look back on
Centra has several ways to support the Irish Cancer Society this Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Pop into your local Centra store and pick up a limited-edition vanilla fragranced reed diffuser costing €5 with all net proceeds going to the charity. Centra will also be hosting coffee mornings and pink walks nationwide throughout October. To find out more, visit your local Centra store.
Text CENTRA to 50300 to donate €4 to the Irish Cancer Society. Texts cost €4. Irish Cancer Society will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 076 6805278.
Have your say