6 Of The Most Bizarre Stands At This Year’s Ploughing Championships So Far
Lifesize Marty Morrissey, how are ya?
The 85th National Ploughing Championships kicked off today in Screggan, Co. Offally, with over 300,000 farmers, families and punters in general expected to show up.
Contrary to what the name suggests, there’s quite a bit more than a ploughing competition to entertain the masses: cookery demos with the Happy Pear twins, all the free food you can shake a stick at, meet n’greets with Irish Olympians and of course, the annual tractor football game.
Anything you can imagine, really.
The best part of the annual Ploughing Championships though, has to be the signs, which get weirder every year. A few of our faves so far…
1. This guess-how-many-crisps-in-the-tractor competition to win a year’s supply of er, crisps
— O’ Donnells Crisps (@odonnellscrisps) September 20, 2016
2. This lifesize cut-out of Marty Morrissey
— Sinead Gaynor (@sineadgaynor) September 20, 2016
3. This ‘The Pope Goes To Hollywood’ sign from the Jesuits
— Denis O’Donovan (@odonovandenism) September 20, 2016
4. This Olympics reference from the Irish Cattle And Sheep Association
— ICSA (@ICSAIreland) September 20, 2016
5. The fact that Irish Water are present there at all. CAREFUL NOW.
— Sinead Ryan (@sinead_ryan) September 20, 2016
6. And this imposing welcoming poster of our man Enda.
— Sean Defoe (@SeanDefoe) September 20, 2016
Have your say