9 Signs You Were Borderline Obsessed With The Olsen Twins As A 90s Kid
#7: You lived for the days when Nickelodeon showed Passport To Paris.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen turned the ripe old age of 30 yesterday, June 13th, meaning they’ve been delivering up twinning goals for a while three decades now.
These days, you’d never see M-K & A donning matching outfits or starring in a straight-to-video films, but rewind back to the late 90s and early 00s and they were everywhere – driving Vespas in Paris, setting Kirstie Alley up with their Dad, and meeting bad boys in Rome.
So it stands to reason that every child of the 90s was an Olsen-obsessive. Here are just a few of the signs that your Olsen interest had crossed the line into stalkerdom…
1. The opening chords to the Two Of A Kind music still fill you with nostalgia.
And still can’t comprehend why it was cancelled after only a year.
2. You knew all of the words to the So Little Time theme tune, obvz.
*pick a theme tune to describe your life: So little time, so much to do
— S (@aquasofia) May 12, 2016
3. You went to see It Takes Two at LEAST three times in the cinema.
And you pegged it straight down to Xtra Vision as soon as it came out on video.
4. You spent an unhealthy amount of time trying to decide whether you fancied Jean or Michel more in Passport to Paris.
‘Melanie’ and ‘Allyson’ were two lucky girls.
5. You couldn’t help but feel that The Parent Trap would have been a far superior movie if M-K & A had starred.
Sorry, LiLo, but you’re just not a TWIN, y’know?
6. You could tell the twins apart without a second’s hesitation.
And still can. It’s all in the cheekbones, people.
7. Any day when Nickelodeon played an Olsen twin movie was a write-off for you.
‘Mam, I can’t go to Nanny’s house NOW. When In Rome is on.’ *rolls eyes*
8. You’d heard urban legends about *other* older Olsen twins movies that never made it to Irish TV screens.
The ‘You’re Invited’ series, anyone? These days you’d just YouTube them, but back then it was all a mystery.
9. All you wanted in life was an identical twin to get up to mischief with.
Think of all the matching outfits…
Have your say