Abbie Quinnen Shares Her First Magazine Cover Shoot Since Accident
"From the moment it happened, I was worried I would never look the same again.”
Influencer, Abbie Quinnen has revealed her first magazine cover shoot since her horrific accident earlier this year.
The dancer, who lives with AJ Pritchard and his brother, Curtis, was filming a video for social media at home. The pair had been recording ‘life hacks’ for their social media channels to keep themselves busy during lockdown.
One of these ‘challenges’ was to make a wine bottle into a vase, this involved wrapping it with a chemical soaked piece of rope and setting it alight. This should have halved the wine bottle, but instead the flames got out of control.
Abbie was then left with third degree burns over her face, chest and upper body and has been recovering at home, with AJ looking after her for the past few months.
View this post on Instagram
Now, revealing her stunning cover for Fabulous magazine, the star shared how much has changed for her now. In particular, she revealed that she has to wear a compression vest for the next two years to help with the healing process, as well as keeping out of the sun.
Posting to Instagram she said; “Very excited to announce that I am the cover of @fabulousmag for this Sunday.”
“This was my first shoot since my accident and I can’t say that I felt comfortable doing it but so proud of myself that I did & very honoured to have been asked so a massive thank you for having me & thank you to the amazing team.”
Speaking about the incident Abbie previously shared that the flames from the video they were making got out of control; “My hair caught fire and within seconds the flames had spread to my top and my body was alight.”
“It was such a shock, I was panicking and screaming. I dropped down to the floor and I was rolling to try to put out the fire.”
View this post on Instagram
After a stint in intensive care and a number of skin graft operations, she is now focused on healing. Talking about her injuries she said; “My face swelled up. I couldn’t see out of my right eye.”
“Luckily, there were no mirrors in the bathrooms but I kept glimpsing my reflection in my phone screen, it was horrific. I could tell I looked like a completely different person. From the moment it happened, I was worried I would never look the same again.”
“I looked so horrible and awful I was terrified about seeing anyone. AJ did try to come to the hospital to give me a bag of clothes but I was adamant I didn’t want him to see me like this. I was embarrassed about the way I looked.”
Since leaving hospital she has shared that; “The doctors are so pleased with the way my skin is healing” and she is on the road to recovery!
Have your say