Confirmed: Ant McPartlin *Will* Return To I’m A Celeb Says ITV Producers

Fans have been reacting to the news online.

Everyone was stunned when news emerged back in June that Ant McPartlin, one half of TV duo Ant and Dec, had been admitted to rehab following a struggle with drug abuse.

“I was at the point where anything — prescription drugs, non-prescription drugs — I would take,” he told The Sun on Sunday at the time. “And I’d take them with alcohol, which is ridiculous. The doctors told me, ‘You could have killed yourself’.”

People were unsure whether or not the 41-year-old would be well enough to fly to Australia to host I’m A Celebrity in November, but now an ITV producer has confirmed that he will return to the show Down Under.

Speaking to The Radio Times, Kevin Lygo said, “Ant is doing really well and we’re expecting him to return to I’m a Celebrity, so we won’t be resting it.”

Then when asked if he thought Ant was “irreplaceable”, he said, “yes!”

Fans are delighted to hear the presenter is recovering and will soon be back on their screens, with one saying, “Best news of the day is hearing that Ant and Dec will still be presenting I’m a Celeb.”

Another said, “So it’s been confirmed, #ImACeleb is going ahead this year, glad that Ant is well enough to be able to do it :).”

Will you be tuning in for the new season?

Have your say

More like this