Here’s What Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Will Be Called After They Get Married

They'll be given new royal titles by the Queen.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding is fast approaching and one of the (many) questions on people’s lips is ‘what will they be called once they’re married?’

Well! Just as Prince William and Kate Middleton were made the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and his bride-to-be will receive a dukedom as well. It’s widely believed that the Queen will bestow the titles of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex upon the loved-up pair.

As well as that, the couple are likely to be given Scottish titles too, as is Royal tradition. Wendy Bosberry-Scott, co-editor of Peerage and Baronetage, told the Press and Journal, “The Scottish title Prince Harry receives is likely to be an earldom but there are very few clues here. One potential candidate is Ross, but this was last held by Charles I — who was executed in 1649 — so it may well be considered unlucky.

“Dumbarton is another possibility but, at this point, it is merely speculation and many factors will have to be considered before a suitable title is chosen.” We prefer the sound of the Earl and Countess of Ross, don’t you?

Harry and Meghan are set to marry in Saint George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle in May.

Have your say

More like this