Penneys Reopen Stores This Friday – Here Are The Guidelines For Shoppers
All you need to know!
It’s good news for Penneys fans as Irish stores prepare to reopen this Friday, June 12.
Penneys made the decision to close the doors of their Irish stores in March as advised by the government due to growing concerns about the coronavirus pandemic. But now, over the course of the last month, Primark stores across Europe have started to reopen in phases, with UK stores reopening on Monday June 15, and Irish stores just ahead of them, reopening this Friday.
However, to ensure both staff and customers remain safe while shopping, Penneys has released a list of rules and guidelines.
View this post on Instagram
As shared by FM104, all stores will increase their in-store cleaning, making sure all tills, escalators and high frequency touchpoints are constantly cleaned and tended to by staff.
Aside from that, Penneys also shared a list of protocol measures for both staff and customers when social distancing in store, as well as personal protection guidelines.
- In line with government guidelines, Penneys is limiting the number of customers into the store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance between customers and employees.
- Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills and entrances to stores.
- Stores have hired additional security staff to help customers follow social distancing measures while queueing to enter each store.
- The company has redesigned the layout of the stores to allow for more space between people by reconfiguring the queuing system at the till points to allow for social distancing.
- Dedicated employees will be on hand to manage the correct flow of the queue
- Fitting rooms, customer toilets and the cafe and beauty concessions in stores which have them have been temporarily closed. This policy may be reviewed as the situation develops and in line with government guidance.
- Entry and exit points will be clearly marked
- Frequent announcements will be made in-store, reminding customers to adhere to social distancing measures.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be made available at the entrance and on the shop floor and back of house for employee and customer use.
- Every second till is closed, in order to leave appropriate space between customers and between employees. Perspex screens have been installed on open tills to protect customers and employees.
- Face masks and gloves are available to all employees if they wish to use them.
- Customers are asked to sanitise their hands upon entry. Dedicated employees are on hand to assist customers if needed.
- All returns will be managed in line with government advice.
- Penneys has removed all testers from its health and beauty department.
- The company is encouraging card payments and contactless when possible to minimise cash interactions. Limits have been increased for contactless payments where this was possible.
- Dedicated employees have been appointed to manage queues at tills and entrances to stores to ensure social distancing measures are being followed.
- Dedicated employees make sure hand hygiene stations are topped up and report any issues or concerns to the store manager.
Penneys stores reopen this Friday, June 12.
Have your say