PSA: Here’s How You Can Make Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough At Home
Well, happy Friday to us all!
View this post on Instagram
Look, we get it, we’re probably all a little sick of cooking at home as much as possible. But when it comes to a challenge, and a challenge that tastes this good, we’re gonna give it a go. Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough ice cream is probably one of their most iconic flavours. You literally can’t go wrong with it. Whether you’d rather sit on the couch with a spoon and the whole tub, or pop a scoop on top of a warm brownie (divine).
We have to admit, there’s nothing worse than getting a tub of this and there’s not as much cookie dough in it as you’d like. But now, Ben & Jerry’s have revealed the recipe to their gorge cookie dough, and it’s doesn’t sound as difficult as you would think. All you need is seven ingredients and about 15 minutes spare. Plus, a blender will come in handy too.
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- First, heat treat the flour to ensure it is safe to eat. Basically, to do that, you place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. On the Ben & Jerry’s website, they state the importance of this, because untreated flour can contain contaminants and is not safe to eat. You learn something new every day.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, cream, and salt. Mix to combine. Then add the heat-treated flour and mix to incorporate.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
So, now you can add as much cookie dough to anything as you like. This weekend is about to get a whole lot better. Check out the full video of the recipe below.
Have your say