STELLAR Is Looking For a New Deputy Editor – Could It Be You?
Want to work at STELLAR? Now could be your chance.
Do you have what it takes to be STELLAR’s deputy editor? Working closely with the editor and the rest of the magazine and online team, the deputy editor is a crucial cog in the STELLAR machine, responsible for features, events, subbing, photoshoots, reader liaison, some online production and much more each month.
You’ll be super-organised, able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. You’ll have a stuffed contacts book and an encyclopedic knowledge of pop culture and social trends to inform and inspire STELLAR’s excellent feature content. You’ll have a desire to be the best – and you’re always first with a story.
Please note: this role does not encompass fashion or beauty.
You’ll also need:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team
- 2-3 years experience in a magazine, newspaper or large online site writing/commissioning features is essential
- Commercial savvy – are you able to spot an opportunity?
- Ability to spot a typo at 20 paces
- Knowledge of InDesign
- Knowledge of WordPress and the ability to write for web
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for this role, as well as two trend-led feature ideas for our April issue to editor Kirstie McDermott at email@example.com before Wednesday 20th January 2016.
Have your say