Stellar Jobs: We’re Hiring A Fashion Assistant – Could It Be You?
Want to work at Ireland's sassiest glossy? Then we've got just the opportunity you've been waiting for.
We’re looking for a part time (three days per week) fashion assistant to work alongside STELLAR’s, well, stellar fashion editor Linda Conway. This is an amazing opportunity to get in on the ground as a junior member of the team in this fast-paced magazine environment. The role of STELLAR fashion assistant will suit you if you eat, sleep and breathe fashion and want to make it your career.
What you need
You’ll be a digital native with excellent written English skills who is at home on social networks as you are in the latest popup. You’ll know your Alexanders (that’s Wang and McQueen, yo) apart and you’ll relish hard work. Ideas are your forte, but equally, you’re not one bit afraid to knuckle down and get stuck in either – and you’re a really quick learner. Experience working on fashion shoots/a previous fashion internship would be a big plus, as would a knowledge of blogging platforms like WordPress, and photo editing software like Photoshop.
Duties are varied, and will include:
- You’ll work as the fashion assistant across all the titles that the fashion editor is responsible for. You will also be required to work with the rest of the STELLAR team and take direction.
- Sourcing imagery, writing articles and coming up with fresh and exciting ideas for the magazine and online.
- You’ll be involved in photo shoots, responsible for the returning of clothing in perfect condition, lunch orders for the team and taking credits for clothing.
- You’ll need to have exceptional organisational skills, initiative and the drive to do well in the industry.
- The ability to take, and act on feedback, is a must.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you’re the right candidate for the job. Please attach any relevant work you feel would support your application: photoshoots you’ve worked on; your fashion blog etc.
Have your say