6 Things Your Hairdresser Wishes You Knew
Want to avoid a hair disaster? Listen up!
There are few of us who haven’t left the hair salon with tears streaming down our faces at one point or another, so with a view to ensuring you leave your appointment with a perfect do every time, we quizzed some experts in the field about what it is they really want you to know before you book in.
- That photos on Instagram are filtered and colours don’t look like that in real life.
- Bleaching your hair takes five hours and leaves it feeling bad. Noted.
- Aftercare is really important. “Seeing a client spend €200 on colour and then going home and using the wrong products or brushes is really frustrating,” says Trudy Hayes, session stylist and owner of the Raven app.
- Arrive on time because a really good stylist is a busy one.
- The elusive haircut you can ‘wash & leave’ without any styling whatsoever and expect to look fabulous does not exist! “Ask your stylist to show you how to recreate the look easily at home,” says Katherine Sweeney, owner of Dublin salon Preen.
- And lastly? Sit still! Try not to have any distractions whilst we are doing your hair, like talking on your phone or doing your make-up. Enjoy being pampered and relax!
This article first appeared in STELLAR’s August issue. Our September issue on shelves now!
Have your say