Make Your Easter Dinner One To Remember This Year With Aldi
STELLAR Promotion: ALDI is your one-stop shop this spring
With lockdown restrictions still in place this Easter, many of us are looking at creative and fun ways to mark the occasion at home. You’ve decorated the place with pastel delights, have stocked up on your chocolate eggs, now all that’s left is to whip up an Easter meal to remember come the main day.
Whether you’re cooking for one or the whole family, Aldi is making it easy and enjoyable, taking the fuss out of Easter dinner with great quality tips from Aldi ambassador and chef Trisha Lewis.
If you’re looking for some meal inspo look no further, Trisa has your starter, main and desert sorted with Aldi.
Specially Selected Irish Crab Claws €4.29/125g.
Trisa says: “Keep the crab claws simple. Pop some butter, chilli and garlic in a pan and gently poach the claws, add in some chopped coriander, squeeze in some lime juice and serve with some of Marie’s brown soda bread.”
For Main Course
Irish Leg of Lamb €6.74/kg
Trisa says: “A beautiful roast Irish lamb dinner is traditional for Easter. Aldi has an award-winning selection in store. The Premium West of Ireland Lamb Guard of Honour was awarded 3 gold stars at the Great Taste Awards 2020, its rosemary and garlic salt rub guarantees an unrivalled taste each and every time. My favourite is the full leg of lamb. The lamb shanks are simply delicious and all you have to do is follow the instructions on the label and enjoy!”
Pair it with the above Rioja Reserva €8.49/75cl – with a touch of vanilla-scented oak is lamb’s best friend. If you prefer white or you’re having a veggie option, Specially Selected Australian Chardonnay €7.99/75cl – is a great alternative.
Hot Cross Vanilla Baked Pudding
- 6 Gráinne’s Irish Hot Cross Buns
- 600ml Strathroy Double Cream
- 4 Healy’s Farm Large Egg Yolks
- 100g The Pantry Caster Sugar
- 30g The Pantry Flaked Almonds
- 30g The Pantry Sultanas
- 40g Kilkeely Irish Creamery Unsalted
- 1 tsp The Pantry Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Cut the hot cross buns in half and spread
them with the butter, then close them up
- Put into an oblong baking dish,
approximately 40 x 20cm.
- Whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar
together until the mixture turns pale and
- Put the cream into a small saucepan and
gently bring to the boil, stirring as you do.
- Make sure that the cream doesn’t burn on
the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the boiling cream over the egg yolk
mixture and whisk well.
- Add the vanilla essence and whisk some
- Sprinkle the sultanas and the almonds
over and around the hot cross buns.
- Pour over the custard mixture. Bake in
the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden
and just set.
That’s Not All
It wouldn’t be Easter without a gorgeous selection of chocolate Easter Eggs! These Moser Roth beauties are part of a wider range, from €2.49. They’d make a gorgeous centrepiece alongside these beautiful Easter tulips, only €4.99 on sale from this week.
Have your say