Here’s The Easy Recipe For Making Disneyland Churros At Home
And we all lived happily ever after.
As Disneyland in Shanghai reopened its doors yesterday, we’re feeling all kinds of excitement for the day we’re also able to roam freely and venture into one of Disney’s parks of magic.
For the meantime, however, while we’re still in lockdown, Disney is helping up to bring a little bit of magic to our homes by releasing the recipe for their famous park churros.
Both sweet and crunchy, anyone who has been to a Disney park will know that these are right up there with purchasing Mickey ears and getting a pic outside the castle – high priority.
View this post on Instagram
With only nine steps involved in creating this delish treat at home, we’re going to be whipping these up ASAP thanks to Disney’s food and beverage coordinator, Alex Dunlap.
Plus, anything is a change from banana bread, right?!
1 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
And if you find yourself on a sweet tooth buzz, we’re also hooked on these no bake strawberry squares from The Little Green Spoon.
180g dark chocolate
180g cashew butter
Feature image via IG @Disneylandfoodies
Have your say