Try Something New This January With Delicious Calorie Controlled Recipes From The Laughing Cow
STELLAR PROMOTION: Irish women are more determined than ever to live their best life in 2022.
In new research from The Laughing Cow, they found that Irish women intend to do exactly that and treat themselves a little more in 2022. Rather than being restrictive (only 6% plan on giving things up) an impressive 75% are planning to do more of the things that make them feel good.
Collectively, we’ve all had a difficult couple of years, which has meant that many Irish women are more determined than ever to live their best life in 2022, with 88% revealing that they feel they deserve a treat this year.
Many Irish women are vowing to take more time for themselves (56%) this year. With reading more books (48%), laughing more (47%), regular date nights (42%) and booking spa days with friends (41%), also emerging as the top ways they plan to take better care of themselves in 2022.
Some of the many pledges include decluttering wardrobes (39%), taking up a new hobby (30%), treating themselves to sexy new lingerie (15%), getting earlier nights (37%) as well as making smarter snacking choices (36%).
With the results showing how making positive food choices is high on the agenda, Jennie Dettmer, from The Laughing Cow comments; “After a tough year it’s important to spread some positivity. It’s great to see Irish women making positive resolutions that prioritise their wellbeing.”
“From 19 calories per delicious triangle for our Lightest range, The Laughing Cow can assist with portion control and help satisfy your snacking cravings so you can focus on doing more of the things that make you feel great.”
If eating healthier in 2022 is high on your list of priorities, then The Laughing Cow can help as there are countless ways to introduce it into your diet, through delicious pasta sauces, as a smarter snack throughout the day, or even on your toast in the mornings.
MAKEOVER: DANISH PASTRIES
Danish pastries, like the name suggests, are made from pastry, so they’re high in fat and saturates. In particular, we should reduce the amount of saturated fat in our diet as it’s linked to less healthy hearts. Often the pastry is combined with heaps of sugar and is finished with icing or a syrupy topping. @mykitchenheaven_ has shared her makeover of this recipe which uses a lower-fat dough, filled with cinnamon and topped with an icing that’s made from The Laughing Cow Lightest Cheese Triangles.
THE MAKEOVER: Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing : Makes 10
For the dough
- 500g plain flour
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 1 tbsp caster or coconut sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk, warmed
- 50g butter, melted
For the filling
- 25g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp white or coconut sugar
- 20g cinnamon
- Zest 1 lemon
- Milk, for brushing
- 6 The Laughing Cow Lightest Cheese Triangles
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1-2 tbsp caster or coconut sugar
- Using a dough hook in a stand mixer, combine the flour, yeast, sugar and pinch of salt. Add the milk, egg and yolks. Finally, add the melted butter and mix together for about 10 minutes. The dough should be soft and sticky but pull away from the side of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough to a large lightly greased mixing bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Roll out the on a lightly floured surface to about 30 x 25cm.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter for the filling. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and lemon zest. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the buttered dough.
- Roll the dough up tightly lengthwise to make one long roll. Cut the dough into 10 slices and place with the swirl facing upwards on a baking tray. Cover again and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4. Brush each cinnamon roll with milk and bake for 20 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- For the icing, mix The Laughing Cow Lightest Cheese Triangles with the sugar and lemon juice. Then, spread the icing over the cooled cinnamon rolls and enjoy.
The Laughing Cow Light
- Light and delicious, tasty cheese triangles
- Source of calcium*
- 25 calories per triangle
- Great versatile snack for grazing between meals or healthy filling lunch
- No artificial flavours, colours or preservatives added
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Individual sealed portions for extra freshness
The Laughing Cow Lightest
- Lightest and deliciously tasty cheese spread
- Good source of calcium and source of protein*
- 19 Calories per triangle
- No artificial colours or preservatives
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Fridge Staple, individually sealed portions – stay fresher for longer
The Laughing Cow Light/Lightest ranges are available in all main retailers including Supervalu, Dunnes Stores, Tesco, Iceland, Londis and Spar.
*The Laughing Cow Cheese Spread Lightest is rich in Calcium. Calcium, as part of a varied, balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, contributes to the normal energy-yielding metabolism.
*Research carried out 23rd – 28th December 2021 with a sample size of 1,000 Irish women.
Have your say