9 Irish People Suffering With The Mother Of All Festival Hangovers Today
"Thoughts of a Chinese keeping me alive"
Electric Picnic is over for another year, after close to 55,000 revellers descended on Stradbally Estate this weekend for three days of music and madness.
If you were there, you’re no doubt nursing a mean hangover this morning. For your sake, we hope you have the day off work, a hot shower waiting and the Dominos website bookmarked for easy access. It’s going to be a tough day, but you’ll get through it. Eventually.
To make you feel a little better, here are nine people who are suffering just as much (or maybe more) than you this morning. And if you didn’t attend EP this year, these tweets should help to get rid of some of that pesky FOMO…
1. There’s this woman, whose self-diagnosis sounds accurate to us
— Eilís Carey (@eilis_messymess) September 5, 2016
2. This lady, who just isn’t ready to leave the campsite yet
I’ve been living in a field for 4 days and 100% have gone feral. I’m not ready to go back to reality #ElectricPicnic
— Laurun Jayne (@laurun_jayne) September 5, 2016
3. This guy, who needs a cuddle STAT.
My serotonin levels are in minus figures after Electric Picnic I just need everyone to be really nice for like 5 seconds ok
— j (@jessnosleeves) September 5, 2016
4. This lad, who lost the battle in a big way.
Electric Picnic 1-0 Jonny.
— Jonny Moore (@janefields79) September 5, 2016
5. This guy, whose tweet alone has us feeling queasy #toowarm
This heat is turning my #ElectricPicnic hangover into a genuinely life threatening experience. Thoughts of a Chinese is keeping me alive
— Luke Hoare Greene (@lhgluke) September 5, 2016
6. Then of course there are the many, many festivalgoers trying to make their way home through a hungover haze.
Watching people trench through the mud to leave #ElectricPicnic is like watching a particularly grim war movie. They’ve seen things
— Sean Defoe (@SeanDefoe) September 5, 2016
7. Just surrender to the siren call of McDonald’s and call a taxi from there, that’s our recommendation.
It’s easy spot the cars returning from #ElectricPicnic on the M7.They’re the ones with the muddy wheels and tyres. Plenty of muddy car parks
— Barry Whelan (@barry0509) September 5, 2016
8. This woman doesn’t seem TOO bothered about being broken by the madness of EP, in fairness
#ElectricPicnic you won. I am a broken woman. What a weekend
— Lisa Boyle (@Li_Bo_X) September 5, 2016
9. And this gal knows the true cure. Not pizza, not tea, but the sweet embrace of the shower.
— Emma O’Doherty (@emmaodoh) September 5, 2016
Godspeed, all of you.
Have your say