9 Problems You’ll Identify With If You’ve Ever Been Single In Dublin
#2 You routinely fall in love with strangers on the LUAS and then have to see them disappear forever at Jervis :(
Yes, there are plenty of fish in the sea, but if you live in Ireland, you’ll already know the dating pool is very small.
Even our capital city is far from a dating mecca. Here are nine struggles you’re already more than familiar with if you’ve ever been single in Dublin…
1. Tinder is a minefield of people you potentially already know
‘Can’t ride him, I scored him in Coppers in 2013. Can’t ride him, he’s always in my Spinning class. Can’t ride him, already rode him.’
2. You routinely fall in love with strangers on the LUAS and have planned your wedding by the time you arrive at Jervis.
Hate falling in love on the Luas and you don’t know how long you have with them ? #chocolatemoojugirl
— Luke Chang (@with_a_pickle) April 14, 2016
3. Basically every taxi man in a four-mile radius of Harcourt St knows about your dating woes.
Sober in a taxi: Please. Stop talking to me.
Drunk in a taxi:.. And that, Mick, is why I’m emotionally unavailable I suppose.
— TheOrlacle (@TheOrlacle) July 4, 2016
4. Your weekly challenge: ordering a Dominos Meal Deal For Two without the delivery man realising you’re going to eat it all yourself.
5. Much as you love festivals, the thought of seeing every couple in Ireland posing for selfies in their wellies is putting you off ALL of them
Kendrick at Longitude? Yes. Cringey couples? No thanks.
6. Every waking hour spent walking around Dublin, you’re at risk of bumping into an ex
Most likely when you’ve no make-up on and are wearing a hoody you “borrowed” from said ex.
7. You’d try your chances on First Dates, but you’d probably end up knowing the person you were paired with
8. Every first date turns into a game of ‘finding a pub with seats and without sports blaring in the background’
‘IT’S FINE, LET’S STAND AT THE BAR, I CAN SHOUT IN YOUR EAR MORE EASILY THAT WAY’
9. And even in July, you’re already getting Single Gal Anxiety about the Christmas lights going up on Grafton St
They’re just so goddamn romantic 🙁
Have your say