What To Eat 22nd July 2021 by Stellar Magazine
Here’s How To Make Simple Vegan Ice Cream At Home Without A Machine
You’ll never run out again!
Get ready, your freezer is about to be fully stocked with deliciousness thanks to these easy and gorge recipes.
Summer’s here, the evenings are brighter and the heatwave is giving us life, so there’s never been a better time to at least try your hand at making some of these palette cooling recipes yourself; you never know, you might even find one that you’ll totally love.
Just picture it… a BBQ with friends and family, and then for desert, voila, you blow them all away by serving ice-cream made com-plete-ly by yourself, from scratch. Yep, they’ll certainly be impressed and what better way to end a hot summer’s day, eh?
• 1 15 oz can full fat coconut milk
• 1 15 oz can light coconut milk
• 1/4 – 1/3 cup sweetener (to taste)
• 2 Tbsp coconut flour
• Chill your full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
• When ready to make ice cream, flip the can over, pour out the water (reserve for a later use) and transfer coconut meat to a bowl.
• Add additional base & flavour ingredients.
• Use a hand mixer to blend up the mixture until well combined.
• Transfer to the freezer for 3-4 hours.
• Allow to thaw slightly.
Liked this? Here are a few more quick and easy vegan recipes for you to try…
Microwaved Potato Crisps
I know, sounds crazy, but, it’s true! An easy way to make your own homemade crisps with only 3 minutes in the microwave!
• 1 or 2 potatoes
• Cold water
• Sunflower oil
For the seasoning:
• 1tsp thyme
• 1tsp garlic powder
• 1tsp red pepper
• Slice the potatoes into thin pieces (as thin as you can)
• Put them into ice cold water for 5 minutes
• Remove, and place on tissue paper to dry them well
• Put parchment paper on a plate suitable the microwave, and place the slices on
• Apply sunflower oil to both sides of the slices. (Light coating)
• Microwave for 3 minutes (or longer – until slightly brown)
• Apply seasonings
• Allow to sit until crispy
Probably one of the easiest and tastiest deserts to serve. You’ll never be unsatisfied with its taste, and it takes pretty much no effort!
• Strawberries (quantity depending on the amount you want to make)
• Honey for extra taste (however much you like
• Cut up strawberries into halves, place on a tray to freeze for one hour
• Blend with honey
• Place in a holder that you want to serve from, and put into the freezer until frozen, and serve!
With these simple recipes, there’s no doubt you’ll be impressing everyone (and treating yourself), so why not give them a try
@nytoanywhereHomemade Sorbet #quickrecipes #quickrecipe #easyquickrecipe #sorbet #lifeathome #strawberry♬ original sound – Lauren McGill
And lastly, we can’t not mention pesto eggs, the trend everyone seems to be loving recently. Want to know how to make these for brunch this weekend? Click here!
Have your say