Recipe: Here’s What To Make With Your Christmas Dinner Leftovers!
Turkey sambos are great and all, but there's so much more you can do with the remainder of your delicious bird...
Saba’s Gaeng Pet Turkey
Red Turkey Curry with pea aubergine and Thai sweet basil
Gluten free, less than 400cals per portion, spicy
- 480g roasted Christmas turkey, finely sliced
- 3 dsp (dessertspoons) sunflower oil
- 2 heaped dsp red curry paste
- 800ml coconut milk, 21% fat
- 200ml water
- 4 kaﬃr lime leaves, torn
- 3 dsp fish sauce
- 1 dsp or 20g palm sugar
- 80g Thai round aubergine, cut in 6 or pea aubergines, whole
- 50g bamboo shoots, sliced
- 80g string beans, cut to 4cm
- 80g mixed peppers, diced
- 2 chillies, sliced
- 10g sweet basil, torn
- Warm a saucepan or wok to a medium heat. Add the oil and red curry paste and stir until you get an aroma. Add the coconut milk and the water, cook for a few minutes to bring to a simmer. Add the kaﬃr lime leaves. Season with fish sauce and palm sugar. This dish can be made in advance as far as this step. It will keep in the fridge for up to three days.
- Add the turkey and Thai aubergine followed by the bamboo shoots, string beans, mixed peppers and chillies. Cook for another minute or two but don’t allow the vegetables to overcook.
Add Thai sweet basil at the very end and serve with Thai jasmine rice.
Have your say