Life Hacks: 9 Expert Hair Tips From Sugar Cubed To Help You Get The Perfect Blowdry
Forget poker straight or princess curls, hair of the moment is all about relaxed waves. Sugar Cubed's Amanda Darcy shares her steps to perfecting your mane.
Get arm-ache when you try to dry your hair at home or give up when it comes to trying to get around the back? No more, with these super-stylist tips ‘n’ tricks.
- Product’s key for any blowdry, whether you’re getting it in the salon or doing it at home. A setting lotion like Pli from the L’Oreal Professionnel Techni Art range is great for all hair types.
- Start on very wet hair, especially if your hair is coarse or fuzzy, to ensure a smooth finish.
- Always start at the nape of your neck and move upwards towards the front. Start from the roots, get them dry and smooth and the rest of the hair will follow suit.
- Brushes are really important. Metal cores are better than bristles and the smaller the brush, the tighter the curl or wave will be.
- When wrapping hair around the brush, it looks more natural to curl away from the face.
- If your hair is quite straight and flat, blast roots upside for volume, and after drying go over your waves with a hot iron for a longer-lasting finish.
- A lot of people put the hairdryer directly on the brush hoping it’ll dry faster, but this is not only bad for the condition of the hair but also doesn’t give the best shape or curl, so angle the dryer just off the brush.
- A hairspray like Air Fix from L’Oreal Professionnel Techni Art keeps hair bouncy and soft without being sticky.
- Beach Waves is a great all-round product you can scrunch into hair to give it that messy, beachy look.
Have your say