7 Times Adele And Beyoncé Were Basically Relationship Goals At Last Night’s Grammys
Adele cleaned up at the Grammys last night, taking home a whopping five awards for her album 25. While there’s no doubt the English star was a deserving winner, Beyoncé’s failure to take home any of the major gongs of the night for her visual album Lemonade didn’t go unnoticed.
While Bey did win Best Urban Contemporary Album and best music video for Formation, it was Adele who walked away with Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Record Of The Year, Best Pop Solo Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album. Whew.
Nobody was more shocked by Beyoncé’s lack of award wins than Adele herself, as she made clear on more than one occasion throughout the evening. Y’see, the Beyoncé and Adele love goes deep. These two might technically be rivals, but by God are they supportive of one another.
Here are just a few moments from last night that made us cheer for B&A…
1. When Adele refused to accept her Album Of The Year award without mentioning Beyoncé
“I’m very humble and gracious but the artist of my life is Beyoncé and the Lemonade album was just so monumental and so well thought out and so beautiful and soul-baring.”
— BEYONCÉ LEGION (@Bey_Legion) February 13, 2017
2. When she admitted Bey wasn’t just her inspiration, but all of her friends’ inspirations too
“Thank you for the way you make me and my friends feel and the way you make my black friends feel.”
3. When she mouthed “I love you” to Beyoncé while walking up to collect her award
4. When Beyoncé mouthed it back.
— Us Weekly (@usweekly) February 13, 2017
5. When Adele “accidentally” snapped her Grammy in two, meaning Bey got a half too.
— SHOOK (@adkinsupdates) February 13, 2017
6. When Adele revealed she was just as confused as the rest of us about why Beyoncé didn’t win
Adele on Beyoncé backstage: “I thought it was her year. What the fuck does she have to do to win album of the year?”
— Andrew Barker (@barkerrant) February 13, 2017
7. Oh, and when Adele casually revealed she’d been obsessed with Beyoncé since childhood
“I remember how I felt hearing her voice. I fell in love immediately with her. The way I felt when I first heard ‘No No No’ was exactly the same as when I first heard Lemonade last year. … The other artists who mean that much to me are all dead.”
Have your say